Oct 14, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:


Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a reandom page. Share with us two (2) sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! Remember, don't include any spoilers!


This week my teasers come from page 69 of Stewart O'Nan's LAST NIGHT AT THE LOBSTER.


He wants to shake Nicolette's hand, as if to settle things between them, but she just takes the check, slips it in her bag and pulls on her gloves. Like Fredo, she has to make the trek to the bus stop, and she's already bundled up.

9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book before. Nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the title. One good teaser.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good teaser. It makes me want to check out what the book is about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to read this book for a while--what a great teaser.
    *smiles*
    Kim
    mine is up:
    http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/2008/10/just-little-snippet.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard this book is great! One of O'Nan's best - looking forward to hearing how you like it!

    Here is a link to my first Teaser Tuesday post:
    http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/teaser-tuesday-kushiels-mercy-by.html

    ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This title is brand new to me - good choice for a teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liked your teaser, the title kinda grabs me too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!