This weekly meme is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. To play along, simply answer the following three questions - it's that easy!
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What are you planning to read next?
- What are you currently reading? I am reading two books right now. One was sent to me by the publisher for review and the other one I picked up from the library. The review copy I have is HUSH by Kate White. Not to be confused with Karen White (of Tradd Street fame). Some of you may know that not only is Kate White a best-selling novelist, she is also the Editor in Chief of Cosmopolitan Magazine. HUSH is a page-turning thriller about a Marketing Consultant who finds herself smack-dap in the middle of a murder investigation when she discovers her brand new lover murdered in the bed they'd just made love in. As if that weren't bad enough, her soon-to-be ex-husband has just filed for sole custody of their two young children. The other book I'm reading is an old classic that a friend suggested I read. It's Kurt Vonnegut's BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS. I've only just started it but already I'm appreciating his unique style not to mention his humor and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
- What did you recently finish reading? I've finished two books in the last week. One was ETRE THE COW by Sean Kenniff, a TLC Book Tour pick. You can find that review here. The other book I finished was SOUTH OF BROAD by Pat Conroy. That was also sent to me by TLC. I'll be posting my review on April 12th so please stop by.
- What are you planning to read next? I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of ON FOLLY BEACH by Karen White. This is her latest stand alone novel set to be released May 4th. I've become quite a fan of hers and I'm really looking forward to this new book. And just for fun, I'm hoping to get back to the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Series that I've gotten away from lately. Those books are simply just plain fun for me.
What's on your list?