Jan 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: All The Lonely People


I finished reading this book early this morning and I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd share a bit of it here on Teaser Tuesday. It's from ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, the latest from Jess Riley. It's the story of Jaime Collins, who is still dealing with the loss of  her mother to cancer six months ago. She and her husband, Erik, lived with her mother and cared for her until the end. Its now Thanksgiving and, like most families,there are  tensions that rise. A huge blow-up ensues with her brother and sister during dinner resulting in Jaime flinging mashed potatoes and accidentally hitting her niece, Hannah, who runs crying from the room. A few days later, one of Jaime's friends suggests she put an ad on Craigslist for a new family to have Christmas with since her brother and sister aren't speaking to her anyway. Here are my teasers:

Plots all around me were thickening.  Turf wars, suicide attempts, broken hearts, con men, restraining orders...well, that's Craigslist for you. ~ Location 2066 Kindle Edition


I'll be posting my review of this book in the coming days and I hope you'll come back for it. But in the meantime, if you like a little humor in your family dramas, you should go to the Kindle Store and pick this gem up. It's only 3.99 and I promise you'll enjoy it.  

For more teasers or to participate, be sure to stop by Should Be Reading every Tuesday. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a really good read! Just from your comments, I've got to try it :) Thank you so much!
    Ellen
    http://canireadeverything.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-january-29-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad this turned out to be humorous. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like it would be really funny. Good teaser.
    My Teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A PREDATORY LENDER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty intriguing teaser haha. Glad you enjoyed the book! I'll have to check it out sometime.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!