Mar 3, 2013

The Sunday Salon: Playing Catch Up

Why is it one week you can feel like you have everything on track, you've finished books and written reviews that you feel good about and then - BAM!! The next week you are completely behind in everything? That is exactly what this past week has been like for me. Book-wise, February was a great month for me and I got so much accomplished. Now here it is, March and I am scrambling to reach the deadlines I'd set for myself.  I know I didn't do as much reading as I needed to, but other things took priority. I also didn't post a review that I'd planned either. I suppose, it just doesn't take long to get behind because the days keep on rolling by.

This week, I'll be reading ALOT to try to get caught up and I won't be wasting anymore time trying to figure out why my computer is doing strange things. I know that I spent hours on my computer last week and didn't really figure much out. I also spent over an hour one day on the phone with Apple regarding my 9 year old iPod and why I can't sync new audiobooks from Audible.com. It's been awhile since I used my iPod for audios but now with the new Kindle Paperwhite, the audio feature is no longer available. (Big Mistake!) So we tried several things and finally they said it's a formatting issue and my iPod doesn't support the newer audiobook formats. Although it is a bummer, the upside is, I see a new iPod Touch in my near future! (I've been wanting one for awhile now!)

For some unknown reason, I got into a baking kick last week also, which took time away from my books. I've been making muffins. I like to have a muffin and a yogurt for breakfast, so that was my reasoning behind the muffin-making. Fortunately, all the muffins were great! Last week I shared a Honey-Oat Muffin recipe that you can find here and this morning I made Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins and they were outstanding!! Not as healthy as the Honey-Oat Muffins, but what can I say? You can find the Blueberry Buttermilk recipe here. I highly recommend them!

So for the rest of the day I'll be heading over to my friend, Brenda's house, for our weekly Sunday dinner and to hang out for awhile and maybe I can get her to watch some of the NASCAR race. She's not a big race fan but she's open to just about anything. It's turned pretty cold here this weekend, (I know, you think I live in Florida and it doesn't get cold here. But you would be wrong!! It's 46 degrees at Noon!) so Brenda is making one of my favorite things for dinner. Chicken Taco Soup! So that should warm us up! I'll be bringing my Kindle along so I can probably squeeze a chapter or two in as well.

Well, I'm off to get ready for dinner. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are having a great Sunday! I look forward to seeing ya'll on the blogs this week!


2 comments:

  1. The month's just getting started - you'll get on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Last week, I had all these reviews scheduled and this week, I haven't written any yet and I have like 4 books to write-about. I wish I could just think them, and then have it automatically spill out on the blog. Oh, that could be dangerous huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!