Feb 24, 2015

Publication Announcement!


HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY!!


I am very excited to announce the release of Jeffrey Archer's new book, MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD today, February 24th, by St. Martin's Press!  This is the latest installment in The Clifton Chronicles Series that I have loved since the first book in 2011.  MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD is the fifth book and continues to centers around Bristol residents Harry Clifton, a successful novelist, his wife, Emma, Chairman of the Board of the family ship-building company, and Harry's best friend and brother-in-law, Giles, a politician.  The series also involves a host of other interesting and pivotal characters that make up the beautifully crafted story lines that keep readers like myself hooked.

What I love most about this series is the range of emotions I experience through the character's trials and tribulations. These books have a little bit of everything: family drama, intrigue, suspense, danger and even a tiny bit of romance. But even more appealing is the unexpected humor weaved throughout. Archer's sharp wit and perfect timing are the icing on top of this literary cake. I recall while reading the fourth book, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, that in the middle of reading a chapter full of danger and suspense, I was actually laughing out loud at some of the antics going on. The range of emotions in these stories can only be written by a skilled and seasoned writer such as Jeffrey Archer.  That is a shining example of his international success and popularity.

Regular readers of this blog know that I have been singing the praises of this series since it began in 2011 and you would completely understand why after reading it yourself. Though these books are appealing to so many readers but I suspect the more mature reader would appreciate them even more.

I, myself, am reading this book as I post this blog and I will be sharing my thoughts as soon as I finish. Like the others, this installmanet doesn't waste any time getting to the action. It takes up right where book four left off without skipping a beat. I invite and encourage you to take the time to check out this wonderfully British series and get to know the Clifton and Barrington families. They are a real treat!

I'd like to say a special thanks to Jessica and Brittani at St. Martin's Press for supplying me with my digital copy and so kindly accommodating my late request.

OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES
(Click on link for review)

Only Time Will Tell - Book 1 (2011)
The Sins of the Father - Book 2 (2012)
Best Kept Secret - Book 3 (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!