May 23, 2008

Long Reading Weekend Ahead!


I am so looking forward to the long holiday weekend that is upon us. It's not that my 'real' job is so tiring or anything - its just that when I'm at work I can't read! I'm planning to do some chores around the house, but mostly I'm going to get alot of reading done. I've been asked to do three more book reviews, so I've got to get busy finishing THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN, which I just started. I'm excited about the books that will arive week. They are:

JUST WHO WILL YOU BE by Maria Shriver. I'm looking forward to this little book. I only know Ms. Shriver as a TV journalist so it'll be interesting to know more about her and how she thinks.

THE SNAKE CHARMER: A Life & Death in Pursuit of Knowledge by Jaime James. This is the true life account of Dr. Joe Slowinski, a biologist who ultimatly sacrifices his life for science.

THE WENTWORTHS by Katie Arnoldi, a satire about a wealthy, powerful southern California family and the abuse they inflict on others and the consequences they sometimes endure.

But this weekend is dedicated to RACING IN THE RAIN. We're supposed to get some much needed rain in my area for part of the weekend, but that will only make my reading weekend better! I love to read when its raining! Enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!