Jul 6, 2008

The Sunday Salon: Weekend Wrap Up


Happy Sunday Saloners! I hope everyone has had a happy, relaxing weekend. I went to my sisters for the long weekend and there was a lot of lounging by the pool, munching and jello shooters!! Need I say more? I didn't get the chance to read much, but I did get a few pages of DRIVING SIDEWAYS in. And I was able to get this post written.

Earlier this week I finished GARDEN SPELLS by Sarah Addison Allen. You can read my review here. Her second book, THE SUGAR QUEEN was released last month. I ordered it the other day and look forward to reading it. I also ordered John Hart's DOWN RIVER after reading such a great review from Caribousmom the other day. It sounds like a very intense, suspenseful read. My TBR list is growing so fast!

I'm planning on spending the rest of my Sunday unpacking from my trip and getting ready for the work week and hopefully getting some reading done. I still haven't been able to get my computer replaced after last weekends lightening strike, but I should make some progress with that this coming week. In the meantime I continue to rely on my family and friends (and their computers) to keep my blog going. I hope you all are having a relaxing Sunday with lots of reading time. So tell me, what are you reading this week?










9 comments:

  1. I'm halfway through PRAVDA, by Edward Docx. It's really good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, sorry to hear about the lightning!

    I'm looking forward to reading Garden Spells sometime this year. Right now I'm taking part in Orange July; so far I've read When the Emperor Was Divine and am nearing the end of The History of Love. Both great reads.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review of Garden Spells - it looks like a book I'd enjoy. I will look forward to reading what you think of the Hart book (thanks for the link back to my blog!)...it's a fast paced read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Stone Creek right now. I am halfway thru and loving it. I am trying to read a few other books at the same time but Stone Creek is the one I keep coming back to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jello shooters is so old school; I love it! I am going to start a new book this week which excites me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie - Pravda sounds very interesting and intense. Glad you're enjoying it.

    Good Luck with Orange July!

    Wendy - I'm anxious to read Down River! Your review was great! I just need to get thru some ARCs first!

    Ti - I've picked up Stone Creek many times in the bookstore, but it never makes it home with me. I'll be interested in your review once you finish.

    Beastmomma - There's nothing like a cool shot of jello when the sun is beating down on you at the pool! They were so yummy! I'm sure I had a couple for ya!! lol I love opening up a new book for the first time!! I hope you enjoy your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lisa, just wanted to let you know my copy of The Richest Season arrived today, thanks so much! I'll read and review it on my blog :)

    Great review for Garden Spells, enjoy your week.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naida - glad you got your book! I'll be anxious to see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved both Garden Spells and The Sugar Queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!