Jul 16, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: TBR...Where Are You?


This is a follow up to last week's question:

Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?

My response:

For the most part, I keep my unread books on a couple of end tables in my living room. One of them was a gift my Dad made, specifically for my books. I keep books that I plan to read next on the top so that I can see what I have waiting. Beccause it would be impossible to keep ALL of my unread books on these tables, others are 'mingling' on the shelves with books I've already read. I started out keeping books by the same author together, but it's getting impossible to do that due to lack of space. It's becoming clear that I've got to get a new system! In fact, my dear friend came to take me to lunch yesterday and said, 'Wow Lis, you need more shelves!!'

Do you have a special place for your unread books?

To read more replies to this bookish question or to play along, click here! Anyone can play!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Books I've Recently Reviewed:


5 comments:

  1. Holy Moly, mine are in stacks and then I have a bookcase that is pretty much all unread stuff. I'm not doing as much blogging and reviewing as I was previously so promised myself I am reading a lot of things on my tbr pile just for the fun of it with no review commitments. Hope you're having a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to sort out my TBR pile but it came to the crunch, I left it the way my books were stacked!

    TBR: mixed reactions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need more shelves, too. That seems to be a common lament today - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of my books - read and unread - are together and organized in a way that no one but me can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My books are all over in my scrapbook room but tomorrow I'm doing a real organizational cleaning on them!! I really need to quit getting so MANY books from the library and start reading the ones that I bought!! I was looking at them tonight and thought to myself, "Staci, you are out of control!" LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!