This weekly meme is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. To play along, simply answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What are you planning to read next?
- What are you currently reading? I am currently reading BACKSEAT SAINTS by Joshilyn Jackson. I received this book from LibraryThing Early Reviewers so I feel pretty lucky to have snagged a copy. I've only just begun reading, but right away I could tell I was going to like it. It's southern fiction, which I love and the words are just flying off the page. I love the quirky main character, Rose Mae Lolley and I believe the story is going to be one of those that just keeps your mind jumping the whole way through. I've never read Jackson's previous gods In Alabama, where I believe Rose Mae has a small role, but I have a feeling I'll be picking that one up soon too.
- What did you recently finish reading? SWORN TO SILENCE by Linda Castillo. This is a murder mystery set in a small Ohio town with a large Amish community. I really enjoyed the inclusion of the Amish lifestyle and Castillo's no nonsense writing style. I'll be posting my full review in the coming days, so I hope you'll come back and check it out.
- What are you planning to read next? This is a tuffy. I'm torn between several books. It will definitely be one of these: A RELIABLE WIFE by Robert Goolrick, THE QUEEN OF PALMYRA by Minrose Gwin or THE LOST SUMMER OF LOUISA MAY ALCOTT by Kelly O'Connor McNees. I'll probably be dabbling in a couple of these at the same time but I'm really leaning towards THE RELIABLE WIFE. That one has been on my radar for quite some time and I just don't think I can resist the urge when it is staring me down daily from my book stand. Do you have any opinions or thoughts on any of these books? I'd love to know which one you think I should pick up next.