Sep 16, 2009

Library Loot: Sept 16



Library Loot is hosted weekly by Eva (A Striped Armchair) and Marg (Reading Adventures). It's a place for us to share the books we've borrowed from the libarary each week. I haven't borrowed any books lately so this is my first Library Loot post in a few months. However, I did take a trip yesterday and picked up a book that I'd been waiting on since early July.

With all of the wildly popular vampire-themed books out there, I thought it was time for me to jump in and get my fangs...er, I mean my feet wet. This isn't typically the genre that I read, but Staci at Life in the Thumb helped to persuade me to try the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse Mystery Series. So I brought home from the library the first book, DEAD UNTIL DARK. I like the idea of this being a Southern Vampire Series, mainly because I love Southern Fiction! And I've read so many other bloggers saying how they adore Sookie! Now it's my turn to get introducedto her!

I am so excited to get started on this book. It sounds like pure fun! What great books did you bring home from the library this week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recently reviewed:

6 comments:

  1. I've got this book and need to read it soon, because I'm doing the Sookie challenge! I'll be watching for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampires are hot right now. You've got that right. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci got me to read Dead til Dark too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big reader of vampire books but of course this series is everywhere. I'm still holding out though. I will wait to hear what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this book. I think it is a little darker than the Twilight books, but very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look even Linda is blaming me for this one!! LOL!! Enjoy and I'm hoping that you like it as much as I did!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!