Sep 22, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Public

This week's Booking Through Thursday asks:

Do you carry books with you when you're out and about in the world?  And, do you ever try to hide the covers?


My Answer:

Yes, I always have a book with me when I'm away from home. When I worked I would read on my lunch hour but even now that I'm unable to work, I still have a book with me at all times. Because I'm unable to drive, I depend on others to help me get around and sometimes that mean having to wait for someone to pick me up. I get a lot of reading done during those times.

No, I've never been ashamed of having people see what I'm reading. I think reading is very under rated and more times than not, people are curious as to what I'm reading. I've even had people say to me that seeing me with a book, encourages them to try to make more time to read. I think that is wonderful. I realize many people don't have as much free time to read as I do, but if the want is there, they'll make time to read even if its for just a few minutes a day.

Now that I have a Kindle, it is even easier for me to take a book along. It fits in my purse easily and I can whip it out anywhere! I believe the more people see other people reading, it can only be a positive influence, so I'm proud to show I'm a Reader!

5 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I agree, encouraging people to read is a good thing. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when traveling.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only take a book when I think I'll have time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sad when you do hear of people who don't read, or sneer because you do! I have had that...'Oh...you read?!'

    Love the badge 'Reading is Sexy'!

    Thanks for Hopping By...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that reading is sexy! I always think that when I see a guy reading! Like you I have a book with me everywhere I go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!