Feb 18, 2013

Its Monday! What Are You Reading?


Happy Monday everyone! This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books.  We discuss what books we've read and what we're planning to read during the week ahead.

Books I read and talked about last week:

Last Tuesday I celebrated the release of Julie Kibler's debut novel, CALLING ME HOME. Its a moving story and I recommend it highly.

I finished reading Sarah Jio's latest novel, BLACKBERRY WINTER

I posted my review of THE RIVER WITCH by Kimberly Brock. If you enjoy a little goth in your southern fiction, I'm positive you'd love this novel. You can read my review here.

Books I'll be focusing on this week:

I'll be reading, and hopefully finishing, THE SILENCE OF BONAVENTURE ARROW by Rita Leganski. I'd planned to make a big dent in it last week, but I couldn't keep my nose out of BLACKBERRY WINTER. Anyway, I've heard some really great things about this book and though I'm not far into the story, I am already in love with the locale and the premise. I'm excited to give it my undivided attention. 

In yesterday's mail I was thrilled to find Beth Hoffman's latest, LOOKING FOR ME. As a late-comer to SAVING CEECEE HONEYCUTT, I've vowed I won't make that mistake again. 



Reviews I'll be posting include THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER by Stephen Chbosky, which I am a week late in posting. I'll also have my review for BLACKBERRY WINTER

I'm really looking forward to a great week in books and I hope your week is filled with great books as well. Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. I just finished Calling Me Home :) I hope you enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you received Beth's book!!! It's all I can do not to drop everything and read it but I want to savor the moment!! Sounds like you have a great week coming up and I have to tell you that you added to my Pinterest 2013 board big time over the past few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to wait until closer to release date to read Looking For Me, but it sure is hard to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having Beth's new book and trying to hold off reading it until closer to the pub date is like having your favorite chocolate candy handed to you and not being able to eat it! So hard to resist!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping to start Bonaventure this week. I can't wait to read Beth's book! I think all of us are having that problem. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I ought to put Beth Hoffman in my pile, eh?? I do love that cover, I want to jump into it! Hope you have a good week! Here is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get an order in for Beth's new book. After reading so many good reviews for Calling Me Home, it has gone on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post! I'm delighted to see my new novel as one of your features and I'll be eager to hear what you think. Thanks so much, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!