Jan 5, 2009

Musing Mondays: Library Books


Today Musing Mondays asks:

Do you have a system for borrowing out books from the library? Do you know what you're going to borrow before you get there? How often do you borrow out books?

Lately, I haven't been borrowing library books like I have in the past, but my system is pretty simple. I typically always know ahead of time what book(s) I'm going to check out. The first thing I do is go to their website to make sure they have the book available. Many times, I have to wait for the book I want to be checked back in. Our local library has a very user-friendly website that allows you to request a book and when it becomes available they send an email and will even hold it up front for you. I really should be utilizing the library more than I am and I plan to do so this year. I've become a bit spoiled and want to own all the books I read, but these days I just can't afford to do that. However, if its an author who I really love, then I will buy the book. Libraries are great for books that I'm not quite sure about or authors that I'm not familiar with. Fortunately, I do have a hefty TBR pile that will keep me busy for awhile, but I think I'll be making trips to the library more frequently this year.


Do you borrow books from your local library?

5 comments:

  1. My library use has increased now that it's possible to search for a book (online) before taking a trip to town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered the Musing Monday question here

    My goal this year is to make a huge dent in my TBR shelves so my library use may be a bit less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'request' function for books too but sometimes the waiting list can be riddiculously long. I test-drive authors at libraries too before 'investing' in them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for libraries that are online...they make life so much easier. I also check out books I am not sure I want for my personal library but if it is an author or book I love I buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a librarian myself I have to use the public library!! Honestly, I love the library. I usually go with books in mind or to pick up books that are on hold for me. Then after browsing for a while I walk out with a bag full!!! I'm hopelessly addicted :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!