Jan 13, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays 1.13.9



Each week TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:


  • Grab your current read
  • Let the book fall open to a random page
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!


This week I'm sharing two teasers from my current read, THE THIRTEENTH TALE by Diane Setterfield, a book I am thoroughly enjoying!

In the nursery Charlie's rage and fury seemed to have deserted
hm, leaving in their place a woeful fatigue. You could sometimes hear his
slow, dragging steps across the floor, and sometimes, ear to the door, you
heard him crying with the exhausted sobs of a wretched two-year-old. ~
pg 197

I have to apologize for the crazy spacing - it seems Blogger has a mind of its own today! (grumble, grumble)

11 comments:

  1. Wow...that sounds sad! Thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Thirteenth Tale - it was one of my Top Ten for 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only on page 135, but I can't tell you all how much I'm enjoying the story! I cannot keep my nose out of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. This is such a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to blogger woes -- I couldn't even access my "new post" function on Sunday :(

    Don't you just LOVE The Thirteenth Tale?! I am hoping I have time this summer to re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! Loved this book, it is also on my top ten list from 08.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read this for awhile. Good to know you're enjoying it!

    Here's mine: http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com/2009/01/teaser-diary.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is on my TBR list!! Great teaser. I played along for the first time today.

    here's mine:

    http://lifeinthethumb.blogspot.com/2009/01/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I'm kind of surprised at all the 13th Tale love!! I don't remember hearing too much about it on the various blogs I read, but here everyone is saying it's so great. I'm off to add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! That is a book that I've wanted to pick up!

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!