Apr 9, 2011

The Saturday Skinny: WW Week 10 Trackin' It!

Hello and thanks for stopping by The Saturday Skinny! It is the end of my 10th week on Weight Watchers Online and I'm a little over half-way to my ultimate goal weight. At my weigh-in this morning, I lost another 1.2 pounds, bringing my total to 17.2 pounds lost! I'm really beginning to see it in my clothes that are now baggy on me. Living in Florida, swimsuit season is brutal and it is here so I'm believing I won't be having as much anxiety over that this season.

This week I kind of got away from tracking all of my meals a little bit and it certainly showed in my progress. The first part of the week, I wasn't as strict with myself and didn't write down everything I ate and it made me realize that for right now, I have to keep vigilant about that. It kieeps me aware and on track and that is what I need. Another thing I did differently this week was to get away from the Smart Ones frozen meals because I found myself getting bored with them. It does help that I add my own protein to them to make them more filling, but I grew tired of them nonetheless. I prepared some of my own food and even made pasta one night. Pasta is something that I used to eat a lot of and boy, did it taste good! I'd also been craving a juicy hamburger because I've been eating only chicken, fish and shrimp. So after some research, I discovered that i can eat a Wendy's single cheese burger with no mayo for under 8 points! So I RAN to Wendy's and got one along with a side salad with Light Ranch dressing with a Diet Coke and it was great! I satisfied my craving while staying within my points allowance for that meal. Just for information purposes, I also looked up a Burger King Whopper without mayo and it was almost double the WW point value. And Sonic - well, let me just tell you that there is NOTHING at Sonic that comes close. At least now I know that I can still have a Wendy's cheeseburger every now and again and not feel bad about it.

I've moved up my walking to 3.5 miles and it takes about an hour. It's really starting to get hot down here in Florida, so I'm walking earlier and earlier in the day. I love to get out early when the birds are chirping and everything is fresh. On our walk today, we came across a coral snake slithering across the path and usually we see several gopher turtles and some are quite big!

The trails we walk are part of the Marjorie Carr Cross Florida Greenway, which used to be known as the Cross Florida Barge Canal. It stretches from the Gulf of Mexico on the west coast all the way to the St. Johns River on the east coast. A nature trail runs through part of the 110 mile corridor. That area is known as Marshall Swamp and that is the area near my house where I walk everyday. We always see some sort of wildlife but I'm sure the woods come alive at night with many wild animals I'd rather not encounter on my daily walks! We always take Brenda's American Bulldog with us and she keeps us alerted to everything around us. Here's a couple of pictures to give you an idea of how remote and beautiful it is.




Thanks again for stopping by and allowing me to share my weight loss journey! I still surprise myself with how strict I am with it and how far I've come in a short amount of time. I look forward to these weekly posts and I hope you enjoy them and even get some encouragement from them. Please come back again! Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you're doing fabulous! What great trails to walk on. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that tracking is one of the main keys to success on WW. You're doing great, LIsa! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you are being really diligent and having a treat once in a while isn't going to derail you. 17 pounds is a big loss -- your clothes must be really baggy by now.

    You're right about it getting hot already. I try to get out for a walk about 7:15 or so and I'm sure pretty soon it will be earlier than that. You are a good inspiration!! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cool photos! I can so relate to getting bored of the frozen dinners. I'm glad that you could satisfy your cravings without your points going all to pieces!! You're the reason why I ate so great today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! You're doing great! I can't wait til it gets nice enough here to take long walks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!