Sep 16, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:

Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a reandom page.Share with us two (2) sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! Don't include any spoilers!

My two teasers this week are from page 44 of OUT STEALING HORSES by Per Petterson:

My father could not have told me all this, not with all the details; but that is the way it is printed in my memory, and I do not know whether I began filling out this painting at once, or if it is something I have done over the years. But the cold facts of the matter could not be contested, what happened had happened indeed, and my father look enquiringly at me across the table as if I could say something sensible about all this, because I maybe knew the people in the dramabetter than he did, but all I saw was Jon's white face and the rain falling on the rushing water of the river as he pushed off and let the boat drift out and down with the current towards the house where he lived and those who waited for him there.

4 comments:

  1. Long sentences but well worth it!


    Come read a short story along with my teaser here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is this a western?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentences were a bit long, but I thought they were good ones! :)

    No, its not really a western. The locale is Norway in the mountains. Its a drama about two families and a tragedy that happens to one of them. It alternates between the year 1999 and 1946 as being told through memories of one of the characters. I've just started it so that's all I know right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out Stealing Horses is a beautifully written book. I reviewed it a while ago and could still remember some of the lines. Trond's hope to cure his loneliness by a plunge into solitude is no more than an inner longing to be alone, to be like his father.

    It's so subtly layered that when I first started reading I couldn't make head to tail of the story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!