Feb 12, 2009

BTT: Author Blogs


Suggested by Barbara H.:

Do you read any author’s blogs? If so, are you looking for information on their next project? On the author personally? Something else?


Barbara - that is a great question! Yes, I do read several authors' blogs. The first one I started reading was The Lipstick Chronicles. Actually, its a grog. Its hosted by 5 very talented authors, aka The Book Tarts, who take turns posting each day on any topic that pops into their heads. They are: Nancy Martin - who writes the Blackbird Sisters Mystery Series I spoke about yesterday in my post; Sarah Strohmeyer - the author of SWEET LOVE among others; Harley Jane Kozak; Elaine Viets and Michelle Martinez.


These ladies are a riot and I can always count on them for a laugh and some interesting topics. I love their grog! I also read Mary Kay Andrews' blog. She's one of my favorite writers of Southern Fiction and she has such a sharp wit, and warm personality, she makes you feel like you are her friend. She shares photos of her beach house, The Breeze Inn, named after her book, Savannah Breeze, on Tybee Island in Georgia and she holds contests for getaway weekends. She's so down to earth, you feel like you 'know' her. Jess Riley (Driving Sideways) has a great blog too. Its' called Riley's Ramblings and if you thought her book was funny, you'll love her blog. Karen Harrington's blog, Scobberlotch, is one I never miss. Of course, you know her as the Janeology author. She always offers insight into the world of writing. She has a terrific sense of humor. I love reading about her book-signing adventures and all the conferences she goes to and what she learns. I find it all very interesting. Those are just a few of the writer's blogs I visit regularly.

Along with finding out ideas for future projects, I like getting to know their personalities. If I'm taking the time to read their blogs, its obvious I like their work and reading their blogs helps me to get to know them a little better - what influences them, what authors they learn from etc. That is interesting to me.
So, do you read blogs of your favorite authors?

7 comments:

  1. Lisa, You've shared some interesting author blogs! I'll have to check them out. I don't visit author blogs that often. It's a time issue as I have so many book blogs that I read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen Harrington's blog is in my reader too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only read a couple, Shannon Hale and Laurie Halse Anderson. I'm too busy reading book bloggers every day and then trying to find time to squeeze in some actual book reading!!! Not enough time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading the Lipstick Chronicles after you mentioned it here and what a wonderful blog. I am having great fun reading their recent posts. Thanks for putting me on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this. I just started a "memoir blog." hope you can check out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!