Mar 27, 2009

Friday Finds: My First!

This is my first time participating in Friday Finds, even though I peruse the posts every week to see what's catching the eyes of other readers. My ever-growing TBR pile will surely topple over if I keep adding books I've found!

So here are a couple of books that I discovered this week while reading the blogs. If you've read either of them, please tell me what you thought of it.


  • ETTA by Gerald Kolpan - This is the fictionalized story of Etta Place, the girlfriend of Harry Longbaugh a.k.a. the Sundance Kid. I read about this book several months ago, then forgot all about it until I visited Fyrefly's Book Blog and read her review. I grew up on a farm with horses and livestock in the late 60's early 70's, watching westerns and I've always enjoyed western-themed books, so I think this is a perfect read for me! My local library has it on order and I'm the first one signed up to read it.

Another book that grabbed my attention is:

  • SUMMER BY THE SEA by Susan Wiggs - I came across this book while reading Margot's Teaser Tuesday post on her blog, Joyfully Retired. I haven't read any of this author's books, but this one sounds right for me. I love to cook and the protagonist in this story has her own award-winning Italian restaurant. On the coast. I'm there! Sounds to me like a perfect summer beach read.

What books did you discover this week? Friday Finds is hosted weekly by MizB at Should Be Reading. Stop by to check out finds from other bloggers!

8 comments:

  1. I saw Margot's post on Summer by the Sea and thought it looked great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed ETTA and I'm anxious to hear what you think. It seems to be getting some just okay reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Summer by the Sea - I hope you enjoy it too.

    ETTA sounds really interesting - I will probably be adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer by the Sea sounds great.

    Have a good weekend,
    Jess

    http://barneysbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/friday-finds_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I need is Summer by the Sea, my tote bag and a beach chair and I'd be as happy as a clam. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to friday finds lisa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy first Friday Finds! I've recently been getting back into "Western" books. Especially after my recent trip to the Houston Rodeo uncovered some AWESOME cowboy names...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ETTA sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!