Jun 8, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 I'm very excited about the book(s) I'll be reading this week. I picked up Leslie Walker Williams THE PRUDENT MARINER from the library Friday afternoon and even though I have been busy doing non-bookish things for most of the weekend, I've managed to read the first few chapters and can tell that it's going to be a very interesting read.  This will be my primary book this week, but I'm also keeping THE HOUSE AT RIVERTON by Kate Morton close at hand.  I've had this book on my nightstand, literally for months and months, but it seems to get buried somehow by others.  I've decided to stop neglecting this most interesting-sounding book and finally read it.   

Last week was a good book week for me.  I posted two reviews, one as part of a virtual book tour with TLC Book Tours, which was BEACH TRIP by Cathy Holton. [Review here] and the other was John Hart's THE LAST CHILD [Review here].  I also finished reading ELLEN FOSTER by Kaye Gibbons and have that review planned for Wednesday. 

I promised myself that I would try to make my way through some other books on my nightstand before getting any new ones. but there is a book that has grabbed my attention and I may not be able to stay true to that promise.  The book is THE ONLY TRUE GENIUS IN THE FAMILY by Jennie Nash.  Months ago I read a review at Booking Mama that first drew me to it and then a few weeks ago BooksAMillion featured it in their Book Preview Club, which allowed me to read the first chapter. Needless to say, I'm hooked.  Yes, I admit it - I have no will power when it comes to books! But at least I know I'm not alone! Right? 

Well, that is my plan for the week.  What's on your agenda?  Be sure to visit J-Kaye's Book Blog to see what other book lovers are reading this week. 

14 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about The Only True Genius in the Family so hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing what you think of House at Riverton ~ Kate Morton is a favourite of mine even though I've only read The Forgotten Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like some good books. In face I've made a note of them so I can check for them at the library. Thanks! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Last Child is on my TBR list! You had a great reading week. Wish you the same for this week too!

    Mondays: Start of another week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I forgot about The Prudent Mariner...I heard about that on another blog...I can't remember who now. That's another one going on my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love John Hart's books so I will have to check out The Last Child - hope you have another good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the middle of Beach Trip. I will have to check out your review. Have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Linky is too slow in loading, so I moved your link to the actual post. I think I am going to start doing this on Mondays because the widget is too unstable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really got into Prudent Mariner by about chapter 4-5. The first chapter is like..wham but the story unfolfs beautifully. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have some good books to read this week Lisa. The Only True Genius is really good. I have absolutely no self control when it comes to books either but I'm ok with that. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have some good books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had a book or two that always seemed to go to the bottom of the pile. After a while I start hearing it talk to me "hey, remember me?". Finally I'll just read it because I can't stand the pressure, lol.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finished "The Story Sisters", Alice Hoffman's new release, this afternoon. I stayed up until 2 AM reading it and just had to go to bed. It was AMAZING. Sad and wrenching but wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had a fairly average couple of reading weeks, but I'm always hopeful for better.
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh I'm so excited that you like my book -- The Only True Genius in the Family. What nice things you said! I hope it holds your attention to the end. Let me know. I'd love to hear. And if there's anything I can do for your site, let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!