Jun 16, 2009

Teaser Tuesday 6.16.9




It's Tuesday and time for a Teaser!! This weekly event is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here's what you do:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open it and let it fall open to a random page
  • Pick two sentences to share, being careful not to include any spoilers!
My teasers are from a book I just started reading this morning, but it's written by one of my favorite authors, Mary Kay Andrews. Here we go . . .

"I heard that much at church," Ella Kate said. "Way I heard it, you're mixed up with some Yankee congressman, and you and your boss, a married man, were in cahoots to try and bribe him."
"They were talking about me at your church?" I was mystified. And mortified. "Nobody in this town knows me." ~ page 175 of THE FIXER UPPER.

Yes, I know. I broke the rules this week and used more than two sentences, but I just couldn't stop myself. As I said, I only started reading this morning, but I can already tell I'm going to enjoy this book. I can always count on Mary Kay Andrews for a completely entertaining southern story. Absolutely perfect for the summer! It will be available for sale on June 23rd.

For more teasers, visit Should Be Reading or simply click here.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I agree - you really needed more than just a couple of sentences there. Sounds like a good read. Nice teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! It doesn't matter if it is a little more than 2 sentences...sometimes you have to add a little more to get "the full effect". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would have been left hanging had you only used the 2. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great teaser...I haven't read anything by Mary Kay Andrews yet, but her books sound like they would be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Rebel's Club! Rarely is 2 sentences enough to even get a gist of what is happening. Hope you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've already got this on my list. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good teaser. I cheat all the time and use more than two. It's gotta make some kind of sense. lol. I hope to be reading this one soon-can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours is the second teaser I read this evening that used more than 2 sentences ... we have to bend the rules sometimes :)

    I haven't read anything by Mary Kay Andrews, but I like this teaser! Were you able to call in or text chat during her interview on Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!