Jun 29, 2009

Musing Mondays: Mid Year Stats


Today's Musing Mondays post is about mid-year reading . . . Now that we've come to the middle of the year, what do you think of your 2009 reading so far? Have you read anything interesting that you'd like to share? Any outstanding favorites?

My response:

I'm pretty happy with what I've read so far this year. I've kept a good balance of different types of books and genres. I'm planning to add more mysteries, possibly a series or two, to my reading list for the remainder of the year.

Out of the 20 books I've read so far, there are several that I really liked a lot. In lieu of naming just one as my favorite, I'm going to list the top 3 in random order.
Another book that deserves mentioning is IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote. Interestingly, according to Google Analytics, there's been more keyword searches for 'In Cold Blood' leading to my blog than any other keyword.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the year and many more great books! You know what they say, 'So many books, so little time!' How has your reading gone so far this year?


Recent Reviews:

10 comments:

  1. Hi!
    The Help is on my TBR list for this year. I have read The Thirteenth Tale. Great book! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/musing-mondays_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Looks like you've had some great reads this year... I've got The Thirteenth Tale on my TBR for this year (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have an award posted for you shortly on my blog. Please check it out at http://lauragerold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting titles, and I like your quote about So many books, so little time . . .
    my Monday musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked The 13th Tale too! Glad you liked The Fixer Upper as I have a requested it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Help and The Thirteenth Tale are on my favorites list as well. I read TTT a few years ago and is a book that I would like to re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed Thirteenth Tale very much too. And The Help is on my tbr list. Happy reading for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fave reads are all books that I have yet to read! My year is going very well so far and I've had a good year of books that have all been good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the Thirteenth Tale too. And I really need to read In Cold Blood!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!