Aug 5, 2008

In Memory of a Dear Family Friend

Yesterday my family received some sad news. My father’s closest friend of forty plus years passed away last week. His name was Harold but my dad called him ‘Hillbilly’. He was one of the kindest, sweetest men I knew. He was like a brother to my father, an uncle to my sister and me. He helped my dad build our house we grew up in, went on fishing trips to Canada and ate dinner at our table so many times . . . he was family. He had sideburns that would make Elvis jealous and a smile that would brighten the darkest room and a laugh that came from down deep. He was the kind of person that didn’t take friendship lightly. I know my dad is hurting now and missing his friend who he used to sit and share endless stories with. I just want to take a moment to remember him.

We love you Harold and we'll miss you,
Lou, Carol and the girls

4 comments:

  1. My condolences to you, your Dad, and your family. Your description of "Hillbilly" is wonderful; you were fortunate to have him in your lives for so many years. Best, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss; I hope that you will be comforted by memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both so much for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!