Aug 18, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay - Rattle & Hum

You'd think that after all these years of living in Florida, I'd be used to the hurricane season, but each year, its still a bit unnerving. Especially after Katrina. Living in the north central part of the state, we never get a direct hit, however the outer bands can produce destructive winds and make life pretty scary. Thankfully, Fay is still a tropical storm for the time being, but when she gets out into warm water and gets closer to the Florida coast, it will more than likely strengthen to hurricane status. We've been luck so far this hurricane season that its been uneventful. I'm thinking of the people in the Keys and the southernmost part of the state right now and praying for their safety.



Last night I watched a classic documentary on VH1Classics. It was U2's Rattle & Hum from 1988. I've been a fan of the band since 1983 when, by pure luck, I was given a ticket to their concert because the person who was supposed to go got sick. What an impact that band had on me. With all the new bands that flood the market every year, U2 is a band that stands out. They're songs don't contain your average lyric about lost love or party times. Sitting there listening to those songs last night that I haven't heard in awhile, I was once again moved by their words.
U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name 1988

4 comments:

  1. My favorite U2 song is 'With or Without You' I also feel happy at the sight of Bono. He is timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with him all over again last night! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you never get use to it. :( I live in BR. We are okay...better than NO.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!