Aug 31, 2008

The Sunday Salon

Here we are as another week goes flying by! I had a pretty good week, although nothing overly exciting. I did get some reading done and did a few reviews. This week I read a very interesting book called THE SHACK by William P. Young. I'd heard so much about this book that my curiosity got the best of me and I put everything else on hold and read it. You can read my review here. Another book I reviewed was A DOG AMONG DIPLOMATS, a mystery by J. F. Englert. It's not your average who dunnit. The narrator is a dog named Randolph who has a rather high brow intellect. That review can be seen here.

Another book I began reading this week is CHASING WINDMILLS by Cathrine Ryan Hyde. It's a story about two young people living very difficult lives in New York City. They meet in a most unlikely place, on the subway system and there is an instant connection between them that neither one can really explain. I'm half way through the book and I'm really enjoying it. There are some books that I can just lose myself in and this is one of them for me. I really like the characters of the book and also the writing style of the author. But I'll have more on that in the days to come once I've finished the book and post my review.

Yesterday I didn't get hardly any reading done because my cousin got married and I was busy with family all day. It was a lovey wedding and I'm so happy for my sweet cousin and her new husband. As for today, I'm planning on a quiet day here at home, doing laundry and reading a lot. I'm sure to finish my book by tomorrow as its a holiday and I'm going to do nothing but lounge around and relax. I also need to catch up on my blog reading. I'm sure my Google Reader is overflowing with all my subscriptions!

I hope everyone has a relaxing, enjoyable Labor Day with lots of good reads! One more thing before I close for today - as you all must know, there's a terrible storm making its way across the Gulf of Mexico and I want to say to our friend, J. Kaye that I'm thinking of you and all your neighbors in LA and that I'm praying for your safety. Please be safe and let us all know how you're doing.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Chasing Windmills, I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chasing Windmills sounds interesting. I had such high reading aspirations for the weekend, but so far, all I have done is relax too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to be such a parrot, but I heard the same good stuff about CHASING WINDMILLS by Cathrine Ryan Hyde. I have got to find me a copy and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying the book so far. I really like the the way Ms. Hyde writes.

    Beastmomma - I don't kinow how you find time to read now being back in law school! Hope you get back into the swing of things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!