Jun 15, 2008

The Sunday Salon


Hello and Welcome! Hard to believe its Sunday once again! It's been a HOT Sunday here in Florida! Very humid. The afternoon storms are beginning to roll in and hopefully will bring with them some cooler air for the evening.

Yesterday I got a call from Baroni's Twice Read Tales, my local used book store letting me know that a copy of GARDEN SPELLS by Sarah Addison Allen had come in. How excited was I?! Since I don't drive, I immediately called my best friend and being the wonderful person she is, she drove me right over so I could pick it up. (She's familiar with my book obsession) I've read so many great reviews of it and with her new book, THE SUGAR QUEEN coming out, I want to be up to speed on her work. I was all ready to jump into that book. However, after I got home, I found in my mailbox the ARC of THE RICHEST SEASON by Maryann McFadden from Library Thing. GARDEN SPELLS will have to wait awhile longer.

I started THE RICHEST SEASON this morning and quickly went through the first 50 or so pages. Happily, I'm finding I'm really enjoying the story so far. The descriptions of the locale of Pawleys Island in the Low Country are so vivid, I can almost smell the salt air and hear the waves crashing. I'm quickly developing connections with the characters and wanting to know more about them. This is a quick, easy read, so I should have my review later in the week.

I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend and that you're reading a book you love! Now its time for me to visit some blogs! Have a great week everybody!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are enjoying your Sunday. :-) I hope to read Garden Spells one of these days. The book sure sounds good and I have heard wonderful things about it.

    I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment and the welcome to the Sunday Salon. It's a delight to meet so many book lovers in such a short time!

    I've made a link to you so I can find my way back again soon.

    Have a blissful week with your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LF - I can't wait to read Garden Spells, but I have some ARC's to get thru first!

    Traveler - Thanks for visiting! And welcome to the Sunday Salon. Its really fun to read the blogs and see what others are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have THE RICHEST SEASON on my shelf. So glad you are enjoying it! Makes me really look forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!