May 9, 2010

The Sunday Salon: Happy Mothers Day!


What a beautiful day it is outside on this Mothers Day! It hasn't gotten so hot yet that I have to crank up the A/C, so I have the windows open and the breeze is blowing through the house. My sister's birthday was yesterday, so we had a joint celebration at our parents house with some family and friends. It was a wonderful day and we all had a great time and ate lots of good food. I'd like to wish all of the Mothers out there in the blogosphere a Happy Mothers Day and hope that you have a day filled with love and family.

I didn't have as productive a week in books as I'd like to have had, but I did manage to finish ON FOLLY BEACH by Karen White. The book hit shelves on May 4 and I'm sure it's going to be a big hit for her. I'll be posting my review mid-week, so please stop back by and check it out.

I picked up a book from the library yesterday that I'm anxious to start reading. It's THE MURDERER'S DAUGHTERS by Randy Susan Meyers. This is a debut novel that came out early this year and is getting fantastic reviews. I had requested it a couple months ago and it became available the day I finished ON FOLLY BEACH, which was perfect.

I'm looking forward to spending the day at home today splitting my time between reading my book and catching up on my blog reading. I have some shrimp marinating to grill later for an early dinner along with some fresh veggies I picked up at the produce market the other day. I can't think of a better way to spend the day. What are your plans this Mothers Day?

4 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds wonderful!! I want to read Murderer's Daughters too!!! I wish some of that Florida heat would come up my way..I think the high was 45!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading On Folly Beach right now because I'm going to a lunch event featuring Karen White on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shrimp and veggies? Sounds really good.

    We spent the day lounging around the house and then bbq'd some carne asada for dinner. It was a nice day but it looks a little cloudy now. It might even rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read one Karen White book but I thoroughly enjoyed that one so I am intending to read more from her. This one does sound really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!