Dec 4, 2011

Changes are Coming!

Happy Sunday to all you Saloners! I have an exciting announcement that I'd like to share with all of you.  In the coming weeks, there will be some big changes coming to Books and Cooks. As my 4th Blogoversary nears (January 8th) I have decided now is the time for me to create my own website and leave Blogger.  I've  been wanting to do this for quite some time, but it seems there's always something happening in my life that takes my attention. I'm hoping to start off the new year with my 'new' blog and I hope you will be there to share it with me.

First and foremost, there will be one major change - Books and Cooks will no longer be the name of the blog. Soon you will see Southern Girl Reads and that, my friends, is me.  I will have my own domain and it will simply be www.southerngirlreads.com. Short, simple and easy to remember. I hope you like it.

The site is up now, however, not much is there as we're just getting started developing the layout and adding components. My good friend and former co-worker, Gerald, at Lane Digital is doing all the hard work and I am simply telling him what I want.  It's all very exciting and I'm hoping it will be done before my Blogoversary. What a great present to myself!

In the meantime, I'll continue posting here, at Books and Cooks and you may see little changes here and there until we switch over to the new site. So please bear with me as I take this huge step - its kind of a learn-as-you-go experience for me.

I'm so blessed to be a part of this wonderful blogging community that has always greeted me with open arms and made me feel like I'm part of a family. Your contnued support and friendship means the world to me and frankly, I would be lost without it. Book bloggers are THE most awesome people and I'm happy and proud to know each of you. I can't wait to share my new endeavor with you and I hope you like the final outcome.

Thanks again for stopping by today and sharing my news with me. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions if you have any! I love input!! Take care and enjoy those books you're reading!

P.S. Remember - www.southerngirlreads.com

10 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congratulations! I tried clicking on the link and you have to sign in to see anything. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to have someone helping you! I know I couldn't do it by myself, which is why I haven't! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Can't wait to see the new site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blogging milestone! I can't wait to see your new site and see what you have in store. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new blog domain and name. I hope you have fun with it. I know I've had more fun since leaving blogger. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I clicked on the link but nothing is coming up as of yet. Can't wait to see the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cool Lisa and I LOVE the new name..it fits you to a T!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Looking forward to the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new blog project...love the new name! Looking forward to your new look, new blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your new name! It's perfect. I've been flirting with idea of doing the same thing so I'll have to see how easy the transition is for you since I don't have a lot of time for trial and error.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!