Jul 22, 2012

[TSS] Review: Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11) by Charlaine Harris

If you are familiar with my blog at all, you will know that I have a soft spot for Sookie Stackhouse.  That couldn't have come as a bigger surprise to myself. Vampires and supernaturals aren't exactly my thing. But a few years ago when I took the plunge and said, 'Why not?', I found I enjoyed the quirky characters and adventures.. So, here I am at book 11, DEAD RECKONING and things are really heating up.

Since Sookie now knows about her fairy heritage, her fairy uncle and cousin are knee deep in her life and she's not sure if that's such a good thing or not. She's got a lot of question, if only she could talk to her Great, great, great grandfather Niall, but he is not in the human world and she really doesn't know if she can trust him even if we were. Sookie also discovers a very important heirloom left to her from her grandmother that leaves her with even more questions about her past and, ultimately the future. She's not sure what this heirloom really is, but there is no one she can ask for fear that it could put her in danger if the wrong people find out she has it. To add to her problematic life, Eric is under pressure from Victor, the regent, working under the king of Nevada, who has taken over Louisiana, making life dangerous for Eric Northman, the Sheriff of Area 5 and Sookie's lover/husband.

There's a lot of stuff that goes down in this book concerning a lot of the different supes living in Bon Temps and Shreveport. And as always, Sookie is in the middle of it. As with all of the books in this series, questions get answered from characters that we may not have seen much of lately. And also, some characters that are constant are always evolving and changing along with the story. I think that's why the series doesn't get stale for me. With every book, there are new things about old characters that tie in with the story perfectly. To me, that's what a good storyteller does. I really liked the ending of this book and it made me ready to jump right into the next one. Each new book begins only a few weeks from when the previous book left off, so there's not alot of time in between. It's like one long continuous story.

At this point, Sookie feels like an old friend and I'm anxious to get to DEADLOCKED, the 12th book which was released this past May. It will be interesting to see how it sets the stage for the final book of the series.

DEAD RECKONING
Author: Charlaine Harris
Publisher: Ace Hardcover
Published:
Pages: 336
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying this series. I need to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Deadlocked! Personally, I was happier with the series before all the fae came on the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts about this series has me excited about reading it again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!