Feb 27, 2009

Murder Melts In Your Mouth by Nancy Martin


Nora Blackbird’s best friend Lexie Paine, is suspected of murdering her long-time business partner after discovering he embezzled millions of dollars from their brokerage firm and Nora won’t rest until she proves her friends’ innocence. The question is - did Lexie do it?

Society newspaper reporter and amateur sleuth, Nora Blackbird has a knack for getting to the truth of such crimes. It helps that she comes from a prominent family with ties to wealthy people in and around Philadelphia. But Nora is no stranger to scandalous families. Her own parents cheated the IRS and then scammed their friends in order to skip the country over two years ago, leaving Nora and her two sisters to bear the fallout, both personally and federally. However, Libby and Emma, Nora’s quirky sisters are usually too wrapped up in their own drama to be much help to their more responsible sibling. Nora’s on-again off-again boyfriend, Michael Abruzzo tries to help, but with his family’s mob connections, sometimes he does more harm than good, simply by his presence.


MURDER MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH is the seventh book in the Blackbird Sisters Mystery Series by Nancy Martin. The series got kicked off in late 2002 with HOW TO MURDER A MILLIONAIRE. Each cleverly titled book involves a murder that Nora usually finds herself or her friends smack in the middle of. Even though these are fun, light mysteries, the stories are always interesting and the plots always have a twist But most of all, Ms. Martin introduces new supporting characters with each new book that are quirky and likeable that keep things interesting all while staying true to existing characters. She also throws in just the right amount of romance to heat things up a bit. I never tire of the books in this series. I first came across Nancy Martin’s Blackbird Sisters back in 2006 and I was hooked. I started from the beginning and read them all. Here they are in order:

If you’re in the mood for something different and entertaining, you should try one of these books. You don’t necessarily have to start at the beginning, but it’s even better if you do. Nancy Martin has a terrific sense of humor which is apparent in her writing. She also is one of five authors, including Sarah Strohmeyer, the author of SWEET LOVE, who hosts a grog called The Lipstick Chronicles, that I read almost daily. You never know what random thing is going to be discussed, but you can bet you’ll get a kick out of it.

I only have one regret about these books: I’ve read them all and now I have to wait for the next one! By the way, the paperback of this book came out in January for those who prefer them to hardcover!


MURDER MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH
Author: Nancy Martin
Publisher: NAL Hardcover
Published: March 2008
Pages: 288
Rating: Loved it!

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I have all these books in my TBR and I intend to start at the beginning. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have read every one of these and could start all over again, they are so delightful.
    The characters are just so unique and funny. Wonderful series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good. I like to read series from the beginning so I'd like to start with book 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne: I can't recommend these books enough. They are so entertaining! You'll love 'em!

    Keye: I'd heard this was the last one in this series, but I think that was incorrect, or at least I hope it's not!

    Kathy: You'll breeze right thru these books and I think you'll be hooked after the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!