Jun 14, 2009

Sunday Salon: Some New Sites


Happy Sunday Saloners! Here we are again, so quickly. Since becoming 'retired' the days seem to go by even quicker than BR (Before Retirement). Lately, I haven't been too steady with my TSS posts, so it's nice to be back on schedule!

My plan, today, is to spend a leisurely day finishing my current read, THE PRUDENT MARINER. I'm actually off to a good start - I've been up for awhile, I have a big cup of my favorite Colombian coffee, some breakfast nibbles and my book. I'm ready to settle in and get lost in 1970's Georgia, where my protagonist's family lives on the bluffs of the Intercoastal Waterway. It's a time when things are changing, but living in the South means change comes slower than most places. Anyway . . . I should finish today and have my review posted later this week.

I discovered a few new online book/blogger sites this week that are pretty cool. BookBlips is a book news and social networking site. I've already 'met' several new book lovers/bloggers and I've only been a member for 3 days! Thanks to J.Kaye for introducing me to this cool place. I see a lot of you are already signed up. It's taken a few days to get the hang of it, but overall, I like it. As with anything - the more you use it, the better you get at it.

Another cool site is Readiac. I saw this mentioned on a couple different blogs this week but I haven't spent much time there yet. It looks like a great book community where you can meet and discuss anything book-ish! I plan to spend some time on the site this week to familiarize myself with it.

For now, I'm going to go read for awhile and come back later and catch up on some blogs. I hope you're having an enjoyable day with a great book, too!


You might be interested in:

My review of ELLEN FOSTER by Kaye Gibbons here. (Posted 6/10/09)

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning --I'm up and moving around as well. I have questions about twitter , I will call you later! Great post by the way.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Bookblips and Readiac and haven't had much time to play with them as of yet. There are just s many things that wreak havoc with time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books set in the South, so I'll be watching for your review of The Prudent Mariner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Bookblips, I'll have to check that out!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall definitly have to check these sites out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of either of those sites, but I will definitely be checking them out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on bookblips too, but hadn't seen Readiac yet. I'll have to go check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are getting some good reading time in. We started off good today but now my entire family is sick (probably from the boy's illness last week) so we are all miserable right now. Hub is taking a nap, Kid #2 is on the couch and I am typing but really not feeling up to it. Kid #1 is still a little green. I just hope we are all well next week since it's showtime for my son (Wizard of Oz).

    ReplyDelete
  9. BookBlips is a pretty cool site. I haven't heard of the other though. I'll have to check it out. Have a good week Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!