Jan 7, 2010

Friday Finds: 1.8.10


Friday Finds is a weekly meme hosted by MizB where we get to share books that caught our eye this week, whether they be new or not-so-new. I really like this meme even though it causes my TBR pile to wobble. Here is my find for the week:
THE TIN BOX by Holly Kennedy was her debut novel in 2005, although I just found out about it while reading the blogs this week. (Forgive me but I neglected to take note of whose blog I saw it on). It's the story of a motherless girl living in Canada, whose alcoholic father dies and she is taken in by neighbors. It follows her through her college years and to a secret that could destroy her family. This book received a lot of praise when it came out and I've added it to my list of 'must reads'. Have you read this book? If so, I'd love to know what you thought of it. What books did you find this week?


7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one either Lisa but after your post I'm very curious about this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new title to me, Lisa. Will you read it soon? Sounds like it could be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting - I haven't heard of it either. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not, but it looks good! My pick is up at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This meme definitely makes the TBR list look out of control :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This title is new to me. It sounds promising!

    Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not heard of this before but it sure sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!