Jun 23, 2013

The Sunday Salon: Summer Breezes In

Summer has arrived...already...and brought with it my desire to read some breezy summer novels. Admittedly, I don't read a lot of them, but I am in the mood for light and fun right now. Speaking of which, I just finished SPRING FEVER by Mary Kay Andrews last week and I had so much fun with it that I've continued on with that theme and have moved on to Claire Cook. Believe it or not, I've never read any of her books before, but I had BEST STAGED PLANS on my Kindle and felt it was high time I see what all her fans are raving about. I'm only in the beginning chapters  but already she's had me chuckling out loud. I think it's going to be a fun time. I'm also planning to read her newly released TIME FLIES, along with Mary Kay Andrews' new book LADIES NIGHT.  Also on my list is Sarah Addison Allen's THE GIRL WHO CHASED THE MOON, that I've had on my coffee table forEVER! I've refuse to add it to the shelves in my book room where it will be lost to me!

Its hard to believe the year is already half over. I've read some really great review books the first part of the year and though I still have some more scheduled, I'm planning to continue on with more lighter beachy reads, at least throughout the rest of summer.

I've really enjoyed getting away from the television lately and reading more than I usually do. I'll admit that I probably watch too much TV, especially in the fall and winter, but, honestly, I like to turn off the set and go stretch out on the chaise or on the bed and lose myself in a book. The evenings don't seem to go as fast when I'm reading and I like that. The days whip by fast enough as it is, right?

I've never really noticed my reading habits changing with the seasons like I have this year. I've even got a holiday review book scheduled for later this year! What's happening to me?! Regardless, I'm really looking forward to my summer reading list. What's on your reading list for the summer?

As for today, I'm sticking with Claire Cook. I feel like the only person on Earth who hasn't read any of her books. We've got more thunderstorms moving in later today and that will make for some great reading time. I hope your Sunday plans include some great books too. Happy summer everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Since summer's here, I've been outside more so a lot of my reading has been on audio and I don't have a lot of light reads on audio right now. I did listen to the audio of Spring Fever and I thought it was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved Best Staged Plans...hope you do too.

    And Time Flies is on my list.

    Enjoy! Here's MY SUNDAY UPDATES/MAILBOX MONDAY


    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been shutting the TV off more too - there is not much on and I realize I while away a lot of hours in mindless entertainment - and then lament that I am not reading enough books!

    I listened to a Mary Kay Andrews book but haven't read one yet - Spring Fever is really calling to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I am new to your blog and am enjoying it.
    I am also reading Best Staged Plans My first Claire Cook I am up to chapter 10 and have been laughing at it myself I should start reading Time Flies in the next week or so. I have been staying away from the TV set also it has been great without it on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the summer days that have finally arrived in Michigan!!! I've been reading light for quite some time now and totally loving it. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that summer is almost a thing of the past, but I've only now been introduced to Claire...and not really yet either. Me waiting for this interview she has with Elaine Charles from the book report radio show before I really get acquainted. I'm not really a chiclit fan, but I need something other than the constant (really good) thrillers I've been binging on. She seems like one real fun gal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!