Jul 3, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Holidays

It’s a holiday weekend here in the U.S., so let’s keep today’s question simple–What are you reading? Anything special? Any particularly juicy summer reading?

Since Mother Nature played a nasty little joke on me last weekend by striking my house with lightening and frying all my electrical possessions, I'm packing up some books and my kitten and going to my sisters for the long weekend. Besides, she has a pool!

I'm currently reading THE WENTWORTHS by Katie Arnoldi, the author of CHEMICAL PINK, the suprise New York Times bestseller. I got this book as an ARC from AuthorsOnTheWeb a few weeks ago. It's an interesting read and by that I mean a little strange. And I'll leave it at that for now. I've got less than 100 pages to go then I'll borrow someone elses computer and post my review. (Just call me The Nomad Blogger!)

As for this weekends reading, I'm taking with me DRIVING SIDEWAYS by Jess Riley. I have so been looking forward to this book and I think its the perfect choice to take to my sisters and read while lounging poolside. My sister has gone out of her way to ensure that we have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait! We've got food, drinks and fireworks!! Saturday evening is the Pepsi 400 NASCAR race in Daytona, so I won't be doing any reading then! We live close to Daytona Beach and we are die-hard NASCAR fans, so we'll be cheering our driver on! Who's our driver? you ask? DALE EARNHARDT JR. of course!!!

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July!!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time in Daytona with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your house! I hope that the weekend cheers you up; it sounds like there are a lot of fun things in store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your house. Enjoy your time poolside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the books you mention...but I hope you enjoy it :)

    Goodness! Sorry to hear about your house. That must have been scary but yet sad at same time. Good thing is that you spending wonderful time with your sister. Enjoy it!

    Happy BTT and Reading! Have a good weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lis
    I finally figured it out --
    Hope you have a fun with weekend with Lin~watching the firecracker, Pepsi and Coke zero 400 race!~lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your well wishes! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday as well!!

    Beastmomma - Have fun in Durham!

    Julia - You can read a great review of DRIVING SIDEWAYS on Beastmomma's blog! Sorry I don't have the link handy.

    Bren - I knew you could figure it out!! Welcome!

    Happy Fourth Everyone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!