Feb 15, 2008

Finally A Friday

There's much to look forward to this weekend. First of all, I can sleep past 5:30am for two days! Second, I'm donating 5 large bags of clothing to needy families in my community and at the same time freeing up some space in one of the rooms at my house! I'm going to finish the book Cross Your Heart & Hope To Die. Its one of those murder mysteries with humor that Nancy Martin writes so well. The fourth in a series. My plan is to finish it so I can get back to Infidel. It's very interesting, but disturbing to know what all she went thru in her life to get where she is now. Islamic terrorism is a frightening thing. And I'm speaking of the terror that she endured living in a Muslim world. There's another book that I've been reading for awhile now called Middlesex that I'm really having trouble sticking with. It was one of Oprah's book club selections last summer and it is interesting, but I just can't seem to read much of it at a time. Alot of history about Greece, Turkey and Detroit, of all places. I honestly don't know when I'll get back to it and I'm only one-third of the way thru it. He also wrote The Virgin Suicides that was made into a movie. Honestly, I had trouble with that book too. I think its his writing style that I didn't care for in that book. With any luck, I'll be able to finish the mystery and come close to finishing Infidel this weekend.

Then on Sunday is the Great American Race - the Daytona 500! No reading will get done during those four hours! I'm so excited for this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!